The ACT Communities Online Service is owned and operated by Citizens Advice Bureau of the ACT . Your access to the ACO Service is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the terms, conditions, notices, guidelines and disclaimers provided by the ACO Service.
"ACO Service" the services and facilities provided by the Service Provider, including the ACO web site facilities.
"Community Organisations" refers to Community Groups and other organisations providing and maintaining information on the ACO Service.
"Service Moderators" refers to those moderating and maintaining Community Organisations and other contributors' information on the ACO Service.
"Service Provider" refers to Citizens Advice Bureau ACT.
"Service Sponsors" refer to those providing support to the ACO Service through sponsorship, promotion and other related activities.
You agree that:
- You ensure all information about your Community Organisation and its events is up-to-date and accurate. Community Organisations are responsible for maintaining their content on ACT Communities Online, as stated in our Submission Guidelines;
- You will comply with all relevant laws when using the ACO Service; and
- You are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account login including the content of your submissions through the ACO Service.
You agree that you will not:
- Interfere with other users' use and enjoyment of the ACO Service;
- Damage, disable or disrupt the provision of the ACO Service by any means;
- Post or distribute threatening, abusing, harassing, defamatory or unlawful information through the ACO Service; and
- Post or distribute false or misleading information through the ACO Service.
You will not use the ACO Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the terms, conditions, notices, guidelines and disclaimers provided as part of the ACO Service.
By way of example but not limited to, you agree that you will not use the ACO Service for the purpose of:
- Threatening, abusing, harassing or defaming others;
- Logging into or attempting to log into an account that you are not authorised to access;
- Accessing data or taking any action to obtain data, information or services not intended for you or your use;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the system or network;
- Collecting information about individuals;
- Tampering, hacking, modifying, corrupting, breaching security or authentication measures; and
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, worms, corrupted files or other malicious software or engage in conduct that could damage, disrupt or otherwise impair or interfere with a server's functionality or the operation of the ACO Service.
You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate the security of the ACO Service. Any such violations may result in criminal and/or civil penalties against you. The Service Provider will investigate any alleged or suspected violations and if a criminal violation is suspected, will assist law enforcement agencies in their investigations.
The Service Provider reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to:
- terminate or restrict your access to the ACO Service; and/or
- remove or modify any material that you have submitted to the ACO Service,
without notice for any reason whatsoever, in particular but not limited to, where you breach any of the terms and conditions posted on the ACO Service.
You are responsible for keeping all account access and password information confidential. If you become aware of any misuse of your account you must inform the Service Moderator immediately. You are responsible for any and all activities performed under your account.
You may terminate your registration and account with the ACO Service at anytime.
Third Party Content
Please be aware that the Service Provider has not necessarily checked third party information for accuracy or completeness and has not tested the suitability or quality of any products and services. The Service Provider does not make any warranty or representation that the information provided is reliable, accurate or complete or that your access to that information will be uninterrupted, timely or secure. The Service Provider recommends you conduct your own investigations directly, with where appropriate any relevant third party before relying on any information provided.
Please refer to the Privacy Statement.
The Service Provider may modify, suspend or discontinue the ACO Service from time to time at its absolute discretion.
(For registered users only) The Service Provider and the Service Moderators reserve the right, at their discretion, to use, amend, reproduce, publish and transmit your posted content including to third parties. Such reproductions will not include your administration contact details i.e. your contact name, email address or phone numbers.
RSS provides a way of being notified when web content of interest is added or updated. This is done by subscribing to 'feeds' of interest and reading the content with newsreader software. Newsreader software can regularly download new content and mark it as unread in a similar manner to an email reader. This means that users can be made aware of new content without having to visit the ACO web site.
The ACO RSS is a free service offered to individuals for private, non-commercial use only. Any other uses, including the incorporation of advertising into or the placement of advertising associated with or targeted towards the RSS content, must have written permission from the Service Provider before using the RSS content.
The ACO RSS feeds should not be relied on for accurate, up-to-date information as Community Organisation and Event details are frequently updated. Therefore users of RSS should also check the ACO web site for up-to-date information.
Please see the Copyright and Disclaimer statement for the ACO Service.
Please see the Privacy Statement for the ACO Service.